Natsionalna Elektricheska Kompania EAD (NEK EAD) is a single-owner joint-stock company. Its seat of business is in Sofia. Bulgarian Energy Holding EAD is the holder of the capital of NEK EAD. The main functions of the Company are:
- Generation of electrical energy
- Centralized purchase and sale of electrical energy
- Supply of electrical energy to customers connected to the transmission network
- Import, export of electrical energy
- Construction and maintenance of power generation facilities
- Introduction and promotion of energy efficiency in the generation of electrical energy
NEK EAD invites all interested parties to transfer and acquire guarantees of origin for electric energy from renewable sources.